Boost Your Immunity
Your Body’s Defence Against Illness And Disease
The immune system is a network of cells, tissues, and organs that work together to protect your body through a series of steps called the immune response. When germs and microorganisms enter the body, the immune system attacks with two types of white blood cells: Phagocytes, cells that chew up invading organisms and lymphocytes, cells that allow the body to remember and recognize previous invaders to help the body destroy them next time.
Protect Your Immune System Naturally
Cigarette smoke contains high levels of tar and other chemicals, which can weaken your immune system, making it less effective at fighting off infections.
Eat a high fibre diet
Soluble fibre, found in avocados, oranges, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, beans, and figs, reduces inflammation, and can speed up your recovery from bacterial infections.
Physical activity may help flush bacteria out of the lungs and airways.
Maintain a healthy weight
According to scientists, obesity can weaken the body's immune system and reduce its ability to fight off infections.
Drink only in moderation
Excess alcohol consumption may lead to immune deficiency and increased susceptibility to illness and certain diseases.
Get adequate sleep
Researchers have found that a good night's sleep can boost the effectiveness of certain specialized immune cells called T cells.
Cook meats thoroughly
Avoid the risk of getting food poisoning by cooking meats to a safe temperature and ensuring any bacteria, viruses, and parasites are eliminated.
Try to minimize stress
Stress decreases the immune system's ability to fight off antigens, making you more susceptible to infection.
All year round
Sambucol can be taken daily to support your immune system.
At the first sign of sickness
Sambucol gives your immune system additional support when you start feeling under the weather.
Airplanes, public transport, and busy public areas are full of germs and viruses, adding additional stress to your immune system.
Drastic temperature changes from the dry, warm air indoors, to the cold damp outdoors, and cold and flu germs in the air require your immune system to work overtime. That's why we recommend increasing your dose during the height of cold and flu season. See directions for details.
Before an important event
Take Sambucol to give your immune system additional support before a big day, occasion, event, or vacation.
- Wash your hands with soap throughout the day
- Get the flu shot every year!
- Keep your hands away from your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Avoid contact with sick people
- Cover your mouth when coughing and sneezing
- Start and end your day with a warm bath or shower
- Stay home if you have a respiratory infection and the following 24 hours after a fever
- Fill half of your plate at every meal with brightly coloured fruits and vegetables
- Stay hydrated
- Children need 6-8 glasses of water every day
- Adults need 8-10 glasses of water every day
- Get enough sleep!
- Adults should aim for 7-8 hours of sleep
- Children: 3-5 years old need 11-13 hours of sleep
- 5-10 years old need 10-11 hours of sleep
- Adolescents 10-17 years old need 8.5-9.5 hours of sleep
- Stay active throughout the winter months
Prevention is powerful.
Create healthy lifestyle habits with your family at home.